Extract from Order SND/370/2020, of 25 April, on the conditions in which children should move around during the health crisis caused by COVID-19.
Article 1. Object.
The purpose of this order is to establish the conditions under which children may go outside the home during the state of alarm and its possible extensions.
For the purposes of the provisions of this order, children shall be understood to be persons under 14 years of age.
Article 2. Permitted displacements.
1. Children, and a responsible adult, are allowed to circulate on public roads or spaces, in accordance with the provisions of Article 7. 1, paragraphs e), g) and h), of Royal Decree 463/2020, of 14 March, which declares the state of alarm for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19, with regard to circulation permitted for reasons of assistance and care of minors, situations of need and any other activity of a similar nature, as long as the requirements established in this order are respected to avoid contagion.
Such circulation is limited to one daily walk, lasting a maximum of one hour and at a distance of no more than one kilometre from the minor’s home, between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
2. Children who present symptoms or are in home isolation due to a diagnosis of COVID-19, or who are in home quarantine because they have had contact with someone with symptoms or diagnosed with COVID-19, may not make use of the authorisation contained in the previous section.
3. The displacements referred to in this article are without prejudice to those permitted for persons under 14 years of age in Article 7.2 of Royal Decree 463/2020 of 14 March.
Article 3. Requirements to avoid contagion.
1. The daily walk should be done in groups of no more than one responsible adult and up to three children.
2. During the daily walk, an interpersonal distance of at least two meters must be maintained with third parties.
Likewise, the prevention and hygiene measures against COVID-19 indicated by the health authorities must be complied with.
Article 4. Permitted locations.
1. It will be possible to circulate on any road or space of public use, including the natural spaces and authorized green zones, whenever the maximum limit of one kilometer with respect to the domicile of the minor is respected.
2. Access to outdoor children’s play areas and sports facilities will not be permitted.
Article 5. Responsible adult.
1. For the purposes of the provisions of this order, a responsible adult is a person of legal age who lives in the same household as the child at present, or is a household employee in charge of the child.
When the responsible adult is a person other than the parents, guardians, curators, foster parents or legal or de facto guardians, he or she must have prior authorization from them.
2. It is the responsibility of the accompanying adult to ensure that the requirements to prevent contagion as set out in Article 3 are met during the daily walk.
Second final provision. Effects and validity.
This order shall take full effect from 00:00 hours on 26 April 2020 and shall remain in force throughout the duration of the state of alert and any extensions thereto.